Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Owl T


Today we created a special seasonal T, with a unique owl on it. This is the first "girlie" T I've ever designed. I did the Sandra Lee way of simplifying it. Though it isn't food, it's the same principle. Being Mya's Meme, I look for shortcuts whenever possible. So I bought the T, then grabbed a couple 97cent pieces of precut fabric, then decided to think out of the box for embellishments. I couldn't find the right buttons for eyes and wanted to really make this more than just some fabric and felt. The little ribbon flowers were perfect. Mya loved the colors, "Yes, zebra wings!" Out came the iron and scissors and soon we had our Owl.
Then of course, we had to go do a quick fashion photo shoot to show off the finished top.
When you're a grandma "meme" and you work, even if it's vacation, you make the most of the time with your little one! Best part of all this, she helped!

No comments: