Sunday, February 04, 2007

YUMMY! Chocolates, fonts and "Open Season"

And it really was! Especially with some light, fluffy milk chocolate frosting. It had been months and months since I made brownies and I bought two boxes of the Ghirardelli brownie mix because I knew my family would not be satisfied with just one. Let me tell you, what a great mix! I usually bake from scratch, but these were too YUMMY to pass up. Anything from the San Francisco company is going into my cart. Sorry Hersheys!
Anyway, I got home and poured them into a bowl then realized I only had 1/3 cup of oil. I needed double! Ack! So finally today I got my oil, some walnuts and then whipped this out. And wouldn't you know it, the boys were out for the evening and my husband had a relapse with his respiratory infection and has been in bed all day. It was just me and my brother enjoying a brownie (believe me, one was plenty!) Talk about YUMMY! Moist, thick, just like a brownie should be. Oh, and a tall glass of milk in my POM juice glass. Those glasses are awesome. Reminds me of the jelly glasses we use to drink out of when we were kids.
And if you haven't seen Open Season, go rent it! It's so fun!
I know it's not the best photo, but I was testing out something with my 50 mm 1.8 lens, no flash, 800 ISO. Background is scrapbook paper and the china saucer is one I picked up ages ago for about 39 cents at a thrift shop.
Oh, and in case you're wondering -- the YUMMY font is fontdinerdotcom loungy. It's a free one you can find online.

No comments: