Sunday, February 03, 2008

Aqua Botanical





Who would have thought a dried flower pod could become a work of art? Well, I never did, at least not in my creative control. But here it is. It started with a photo shoot of some dried botanicals so I could have some sharp new black and white images for my new home. I never make anything strictly black and white these days. I was going for an espresso touch. I already have one framed in a brushed aluminum frame (have two more to do - 8x10s in 11x14 frames). Well then tonight I thought I'd try my hand at digital painting. So I added layers, textures, played with colors and then did some digital painting for the final effect of this image. I love it! I plan to order it in metallic finish.
And I updated my site: www.tonihopperphotography (dot com thingy). On the wedding side, I added a art gallery section and those images are for sale. Just let me know if you want one. Use the contact page there. It's an enjoyable slide show and I will be adding more in the coming weeks.

Someone also asked me the other day if I would be doing sessions this spring and if I'm booking weddings. Yes and no. All wedding inquiries require a consultation and are dependant on that outcome. Use the contact page on my site if you are interested in a session or consultation.

No comments: