Sunday, October 12, 2008

Umm. what to post!



Wait, I know!! My photo Purple Beauty won first place in Professional Photography division in the Waurika Juried Arts Show! The judge was Dr. Andrew Phelan who is Director of the Arts Management Program, Coordinator of International Programs in the Arts for the Weitzenhoffer Family College of Fine Arts, Professor of Art and Emeritus Director of the School of Art at the University of Oklahoma. Wow, that's a lot of credential and that is just the tip of the iceberg. I am so honored to have earned a First Place based on his judging/opinion! And he awarded Best of Show to a photographer also! Congratulations Jacqueline Calhoun, fellow Duncan resident!

So here's a couple, and more are on my flickr stream for a few days. I'll bring them back over here to my blog with a slideshow later this week.
http://flickr.com/photos/tphotos/
Oh boy, give a Nikon girl a Canon and look what happens! Just Kidding Jacqueline! See the glare on my winning image?! ummm...


Below, Shannon Smith, I remember the first show she entered. Also this one, when it was at the Chisholm Trail museum in Waurika, about five years ago. I LOVE this image! Congratulations Shannon! That wine oil painting is gorgeous!

And meet Shirley King, another fabulous Duncan artist! She got a third in professional watercolor for "The Price" great title! So glad we met!

1 comment:

nomo wino daph said...

OMgosh!!!! YAY FOR YOU!

That is awesome!!!