Wednesday, May 23, 2007

BetterPhoto finalist!

Some of you may have noticed the little photo down farther on this page of a kitten in a big java/tea (your choice) cup. Well, I entered it into Better Photo's monthly contest in April and got this e-mail tonight.

Hi Toni

Congratulations! You have placed as a finalist in this month's BetterPhoto
Contest! Over 23900 photos were entered into the competition; it is an honor
to have your image selected among the top 740 finalist photos.

Your finalist photo: Cup o' kitty (#3653775) (can be viewed, etc...)

It went on to say that if it's chosen as a winner, they'll send me another notice! This is my third time to reach finalist status. The last two are also on my BP gallery and if you click on the title of this post, it should take you to the finalist image. The last two times were in 2005 in the digital darkroom category. I had a third image also featured in one of Better Photo's newsletters, another digital darkroom entry.
Needless to say, it's pretty neat to have your photo chosen out of more than 23,900 entries!
So, if you want to see it big, head over to Better Photo, register for free membership and 'post me some praise!'...or just post a comment here.

And hey, if you didn't know by now, Jordin is the new American Idol. The show tonight was fantastic! Taylor Hicks and Ruben still are great singers, as are all the others and wow, Kelly Clarkson is more dynamic then ever. And Blake...can't wait till he cuts an album.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

WOOOHOOO! Congrats! Good luck for finalist! What an honor! I have always loved that pic, too cute!

Go Jordin! I had a feeling she would win, and knew it b/c of her crying while singing the song on Tues. I thought Kelly Clarkson rocked, I love her new song!!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Congratulations! I LOVE that picture. I'm pretty sure I told you that at Katie's last session. It's sooo cute! Anyways, you go girl! =)