Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cooking with Oklahomans, Grilling and Stay Safe! | Oklahoma Photographer

Everything is still HERE< just pushed to the bottom, while I try to figure out how I messed up my blog layout. I like the photos to be large, so I opted to keep it this way for now. I know I've been a bad blogger, and promise to add some new images soon. For now you'll have to deal with my rambling blogging. I picked up a copy of Trisha Yearwood's Home Cooking w/ cookbook. I've been salivating over it for awhile and it looks fantastic. I realized I have a huge collection of cookbooks but they are scattered in boxes, storage and here and there. I need to make a nice place in the kitchen for them. Especially since adding both Ree Drummond and Trisha's books. I've really had an affinity lately for buying "Oklahoma" products.
I especially love the photo of her and Garth and his foreward. Oh wow, what a guy. Writing something like that is a real gift of romance to his wife. Isn't that the sweetest! Especially in a cookbook!
If I'm going to be cooking and eating any of these yummy treats, I'm going to have to kick up the cardio levels in my exercise and quit taking the 'easy' way out.
My husband told me he wanted the mac*cheese, peanut butter bars and zucchini bread. He wants to compare the bread to some I have been making for years. Should I be worried? No way. Because if something is better than what I've been doing, I have no qualms about tossing my recipe to the back of the box.
I'm also excited about the feature I'm working on for the paper's Sunday Lifestyles page. It's on grilling, the start of summer.
And I'm just going to say that Duncan has some great meat markets and owners, along with some wonderful grill 'masters' and more. Be sure to see it online or pick up a copy if you are in town this weekend.
And, don't forget to think safety, on the roads, water, and when you're cooking or grilling!
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone. Don't forget to thank a Veteran and say a prayer for all those who have given up their lives so we have freedom.

No comments: