Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Christmas card and Nativity beauty




Every year, I head into the local antique malls and junk shops with my camera to capture some of the Christmas displays that shop owners have created. The images on this post are from The Painted Ladies aka Shabby Shack on Duncan's Main Street (Duncan is a Main Street community). I took the images several weeks ago, but am just now getting around to doing something with them. I hope you enjoy them. I had a heck of a time finding the right quote for the card I created, but since the images evoked a spirit of the past for me, what better than a Charles Dickens quote?

The nativity scene is probably one of my favorites. In fact, I may have to head back there this week to buy this set if it is still available.

If you ever get to Duncan, be sure to check this shop out. Linda and Donna are two incredibly talented women and the transformation process of old furniture into stylish pieces is amazing done by these two. And they always have lots of fun items to complement any home decor. They are usually just open Thursday through Saturday though they may be open on Wednesday's during the Christmas season.

While you're there, be sure to stop in next door at Junk Divas to catch more great finds and look for my Photography booth at the back of the store. You can also sneak a peek at the Tea Party room! Great fun for little girls! More on that later today!

No comments: