Sunday, August 02, 2009

Raspberries and chocolate




I love raspberries. I love all berries, raspberries and blackberries seem to be my favorites. Blueberries and strawberries tie for third place. I remember summers in Sebastopol and picking wild blackberries and raspberries with my nephews. We were all about the same age, since my mom had me when she was 50, and the nephews belonged to an older sister. Those were good childhood memories. We'd fill up on those berries right before dinner and of course, we always got scolded since the berries were on the other side of the fence and belonged to the neighbor. I wonder if children these days get to make those kinds of memories. Of playing around town all day long, going swimming or to the country farm for an afternoon or picking apples off the ground in the local orchard. For us, it was just the way our lives were. I'm not sure that our parents even had to worry as we were gone for hours all day. These days, parents would be careless if their children were out wandering the town for that long. Oh and the only thing that would make this photo 'Perfect' of my childhood memories would be if the chocolate was from San Francisco...you know what kind!

No comments: