Tuesday, December 01, 2009

My year of giving

I'm sitting here reflecting on 2009 and feeling pretty good about it. I donated two sessions, *ahem, neither have collected, I just can't imagine paying $125 to help a charity or other group, and then not collecting on the photo session. At least though the two groups benefited. Shame though that someone passed up a free photo session and a few images.


I entered an art show and placed third. Did a few more free sessions just because! Had a blast! Everyone from kids to dogs, adults, horses, retired police officer, firefighters.


Started and finished my book, Riding The Chisholm Trail - AND SOLD close to 2 dozen copies to date! Whoohoo!


I'm also donating three free photo sessions for the Gingerbread Dough drop that happens this Saturday after the Main Street Duncan Christmas Parade. Ignore the blackout in the corner. That's just photoshop!


So what do I get out of this? The chance to keep my portfolio fresh, meet new people, and fulfill my constant need to photograph. Flowers, storms, animals, humans, if I find it worthy, my camera will be working! Oh I forgot to mention a wedding and a car show display I did!
Now, I am considering taking actual PAID sessions for 2010, but only because my husband has promised to deal with the paperwork of it all, so if you are interested, drop me a note or call. Seniors, teens, weddings, pets, portrait parties, who knows what next year will bring!

No comments: