Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!





It's nearly noon here and the house is just barely stirring! Totally unlike our bunch. As my boys were growing up, they were up before daylight on Christmas Day. My youngest had the luck to be born on this glorious day, and it was always a double celebration.
This year, my oldest son, his wife and their two little ones are enjoying Christmas morning at their home, so we are dragging out the day. Kind of nice actually. I slept in!
Now this is the first year for the little grandkids (2 of them anyway) to actually recognize that something is going on. We moved our tree from the entry way into the living area in front of the fireplace last night after little Miss Mya went to bed. Being that she is all about the tree and more so, the lights, she will surely notice something's up when she comes out of her room and doesn't see the tree. It should be fun.
How many of you kept your spending under control this year? We did, another hard thing for me to do, and it still feels like I spent too much and didn't get enough for everyone! I'm still waiting on some photo books I made through blurb to show up. Estimated delivery day-- sometime next week! So we may have a New Year's present thing going on.
My husband bought me a fantastic bottle of San Angelo (Italy) wine that I plan to enjoy this afternoon with our Christmas meal. Which reminds me, better get started and get the ham in.
Good food, wonderful family, little ones delight, I love times like this! The only thing missing is my sister and her family who live in Florida.
Merry Christmas everyone.