Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oooh...chocolate martini




I'm not a martini drinker. But after my son mentioned that he saw a Chocolate Martini on the list at Olive Garden, I decided to google and get a recipe. With list in hand, off to the package store I went. I reinvented the recipe as who the heck can afford a bottle of Godiva chocolate liquer! It was more than $20! It was so creamy and really didn't taste like I was drinking alcohol. I had two. I'm such a lightweight and ended up taking a nap not long after. Hah! I do have a slight headache, that's what vodka does to me. Oh while I was at the store, the clerk pointed out a huge bottle of Chocolate Vodka...wow! They sure know how to try and sucker a person in. But I was strong, didn't go for it. I do have my eye on a bottle of Reindeer Red (wine)..not sure if it's good or not. I might get it after some research...

So, here's my recipe:

1 1/2 shots chocolate liquer (Kamora) couldn't afford the Godiva!
1 1/2 shots creme de cacao
1/2 shot vodka - used Smirnoff's Vanilla..delish!
2 1/2 shots half-and-half

Mix all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake and pour into a chilled cocktail glass.

No comments: