Sunday, July 13, 2008

I love this art!

And yes, for what it is worth, this post is worthless without a photo! I saw in Ty Pennington's magazine a really cool bedroom. Very deep blue, but it was the painting that was displayed on the wall over the bed that I fell in love with. Created by Civil War artist John Paul Strain, the piece is a home in a field. And yes, it has a mysterious Civil War feel to it. Well, I had to Google to find out more about it. On the artist's site, there's a whole page what he went through to create the 5-foot by 5-foot piece. It's awesome. Which brings me again to changing my mind for what I want to hang over my bed. Of course, I need to discover the image I want to use, which means traveling to shoot it and then through creative textures, I may come up with something. I just can't make up my mind! I've had so many ideas and none of them are getting done. It makes perfect sense to do something like this since I love landscape photography. I've got two thoughts, one is just an open highway 'to nowhere' since my husband and I spent so much time on the road just traveling when we were younger, especially U.S. Highway 50, or making a quick trip to Arkansas to photograph the old Grange hall out in the country outside of Springdale, where we first met! Ummmm.... really liking that idea!
But anyway, head over to the artist's site and read about it. Fascinating!

No comments: