Sunday, November 08, 2009

Paseo Arts District, OKC

My husband and I made our first trip to the Paseo Arts District in Oklahoma City Saturday. The weather was perfect and we didn't even visit all the galleries first trip out. Mostly because I spent lots of time visiting with the gallery owners.

Met Cynthia Wolf and we instantly hit it off. Of course, having something in common was key. She also shot photos of the Oklahoma Centennial Cattle Drive, farther north. Her gallery, Adelante! is perfect. Artist Thomas Stotts was outside painting and he and my husband spent lots of time talking too. Cynthia and I are considering collaborating with our Cattle Drive photos and doing something really cool. She does these fabulous transfer emulsions with her photography also and had some cool tiles. Definitely a great Christmas gift item.

Love this architecture (above). I think this will become a piece to hang in my home.

I love yellow! this was at The Elms.

Gorgeous building. Reminds me of California.

Can't wait to go back. I saw so many things that kicked my creative zone into overdrive and wished that I could afford a few pieces even. Loretta Young-Gautier's horse images are awesome and I saw some other things too.

No comments: