Monday, November 09, 2009

roses of childhood


My mother had the most magnificent rose garden when we lived in Pacifica. I wished that I could have had the opportunity to photograph it. One of my favorite photos of myself is when I am like 7? standing by a rose that was as big as me, but it is in black and white. I don't have a scanner right now, or I'd scan it in.
When I saw this rose up in the Paseo Arts District in OKC this weekend, I thought of those childhood days. It's similar to those roses. I decided to enhance it and have shared some of the versions here. Which is your favorite? I'm curious to know!
Also, if you have a favorite rose story to share, I'd love to hear it in a comment below. (P.S. - click on it and it will load up large, you are welcome to use it as desktop wallpaper for personal use only)

No comments: