Thursday, February 05, 2009

Skiz, Skeez, Skeeters...

I scanned this print in because I'm working on a personal project of photos of animals we've had over the years to make a blurb book. I've got this as an 8x10 desk framed shot of an adorable little dog we had years and years ago. In the late 1980s. Her name was Skiz (like skis) but my boys were little so her name took on various forms. I laugh when I look at this photo because I swear she was such a poser. Also, I would be horrified now if I had a screen door that looked that bad, but we were very young, renting a duplex and the boys would run in and out the back door constantly. Try as we might to keep the screen connected to the frame, between them and this little dog and her mama, the screen pretty much is descriptive of our life back then. Carefree, fun and lots of great times!
We still have great times, but are much more grounded. I don't even have a 'screen door' instead a glass storm door. I kind of miss the screen doors I grew up with. There's something so nostalgic and appealing about them. The creak of them as kids run in and out and the constant repairs. Definitely vintage! Ummm....may have to get one for the back door of my home so when my grandchildren get a few years older, we can enjoy hearing the creak and laughter as they go in and out and play in the backyard.

1 comment:

nomo wino daph said...

Cute pic toni!!

LET ME TELL YOU...
BACK UP THE BLURB....
My entire, down to every WORD, book that I was working on last year was LOST when my PC crashed. I thought it saved it somewhere in the blurb software.....NOPE. I am so sad cause it was my family blog of over a year:( I had worked on it COUNTLESS hours,,,,ugh!

Hope your weekend is a blessed one!