Friday, October 06, 2006

Homeless and cute

Yes, this little girl is homeless. She's got temporary shelter at the Stephens County Humane Society shelter in Duncan, Oklahoma and she's as sweet as can be. She was quite the little model and loves to ride in the car. It was funny, she also got out of my car and went straight to my studio door! It was like she knew!

I didn't have much time this morning, but Denise and Karen let me steal her away for an hour or so to my studio for photographs to promote the upcoming Bark in the Park event. It's a major fundraiser for the SCHS and is set for 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 14 at Fuqua Park (Duncan). There's going to be a lot of events, including pet photos by yours truly! (That'd be me!)

A lot of you who do know me probably don't know why I decided to rent a small space in Marlow about a year ago. Part of it was based out of my love for pets and 'petography'. Many people I know around here wanted professional images of their animals and they really didn't have a pet friendly studio they could go to. In fact, one of my first clients was "Sissy" a beautiful boxer, who gets taxied around by Lesa Adkins, who works at the Duncan Animal Shelter. Sissy's photos are on display in my studio.

But, back to the Bark in the Park event! Patti Whitaker called me a few months ago and asked if I'd be the official photographer for the event. You betcha! A portion of the proceeds will be donated back to the SCHS.

This isn't the first time I've done this. A few years ago, I did Santa Paws, and again last year. I also did Barktoberfest at the Halliburton Park two years ago.
Sometimes the events generate a lot of money and sometimes they don't. It just depends - on YOU!
While the photographs do cost and only a portion is donated back, sometimes people generously donate more. The extra portion strictly goes to the SCHS. I've agreed to donate 50 percent of the proceeds from the photos I take at my display that day.
I hope that the people of Stephens County turn out in droves to help with this cause! The first time I did Santa Paws, I think we raised close to $1,000 - and every bit of it after film developing - went back to the shelter.
If you tell me you saw this blog entry when you have your pet photos done that day, I'll take $1 off your cost. I expect to have the photos ready for you right then. Still working out the kinks on that one!

One other thing - Buttercup (or Mindy, which she responded to by me) was groomed by Kim at Fleas and Tails (gosh, hope I got that right!) in Duncan.

No comments: