Friday, January 12, 2007

Ice Storm'07 Oklahoma.1

Headed out again today to get a few more things. WThay! Do people think it's the end of the world? The traffic was crazy but even worse were the lines in Wal-Mart and Homeland. Made it home safe, saw gas has been dropped to $1.99 a gallon at Love's South in Marlow.
Looked like another another convenience store had problems with one of its gas pumps. Went to drive down Fourth St. and nearly ended up in someone's yard when my car decided to take its own course on a very slick street. Brake lines semi-froze and that freaked me out.
No sooner had I gotten home and the power went out. It sure didn't take long for the house to get cold and then the power came back on. But the house just isn't warming up.
Thanks to the new sign by Outlaw Stadium that I can see out my back window, I can see the temperature. At around noon it was 27 degrees. But I just went to check and can't see since all the trees between here and there are covered in ice so it blocks my line of vision.
The rain/ice just picked up again.
Then I start checking the TV reports. Maybe it is the end of the world. HAH!
A rocket has crashed into the U.S. Embassy in Athens, Greece.

I'll be adding some lame photos shot from inside my home out the back door. I'm going to wait til it gets worse before venturing out.

No comments: