Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The memory experience and a newborn special



This is of Miss K. back in November when she was still just a teeny little thing. Look at those little feet. Aren't they precious?! They only stay this way for a brief moment - before you know, they are toddling around and then grown. I met someone today who is due in two weeks. We're already talking about getting those first week newborn photos and I'm so excited. It's rare that moms plan ahead, and so many times they tell me a month or two after the baby is born that they wished they hadn't waited. Well, don't wait! Call me now if you are scheduled to have a baby.

I'm going to be offering newborn specials of $99. It includes my time up to three hours, either at my studio or in your home where baby is comfortable and a complimentary 11x14 black and white image of the baby and an 8x10 of the baby with parents. I always throw in freebies and you might be surprised.

I love taking photos of little ones and small children in their own environments - your home! It gives me a chance to really capture your child just being THEM! Sure, the studio portraits are nice, but if you really want an image that shows your child's personality, they need to be able to relax. My favorite photos of my boys when they were young are the ones where they are wearing their favorite T's, in their environment - whether it was outdoors or at the park, somewhere they are comfortable. Those are the images I have enlarged and on my walls at home. Most of the phony smile studio portraits are stuck in the albums! Even if you bring your kids to my studio, I let them have fun. They get to explore, play dress up if they want and just be silly. Sure, we'll get those posed moments, but most moms end up buying the non-posed photos. It's a memory experience!

No comments: